Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Need a really great crumble recipe.

(14 Posts)

I know basic crumble is easy and I love it. Rhubarb's my favourite. But I'm thinking of entering a local crumble competition and fancy doing something different. I did think maybe a savoury one but decided against it.

Any help much appreciated. TIA

MuffCakes Sun 03-Nov-13 23:45:06

My favourite one is apple and blackberry, perhaps to make it a bit posh ground almonds in the crumble mix?

I was thinking of almonds thanks.

MuffCakes Mon 04-Nov-13 00:11:56

Raspberry would be nice with almonds to.

Yes they would. That's a plan then smile

Apple and Raspberry is surprisingly great. Also, Apple with a bit of Orange zest.

I always reduce the sugar content of the crumble topping and add some rolled oats.

IslaValargeone Mon 04-Nov-13 13:34:37

Bit of cinnamon in the crumble mix.

Thank you great tips. Think I'll do apple and raspberry with oaty almond topping? smile

MuffCakes Mon 04-Nov-13 23:18:39

I think OP you should be sending us out samples in the post to try before you enter wink

I wish I could be there to taste it and the other entries but I'm working. Dp is taking it in for me. It's a pub that runs it every year.

Think I'll make an extra one? wink

How about apple and quince with an almond and cinnamon crunchy topping?
I have lots of quinces,could post you one if you are not in Australiawink

bunchoffives Mon 04-Nov-13 23:36:12

I think mixed spice is always nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now