Moistest chocolate cake recipe

(8 Posts)
maggiethecat Fri 01-Nov-13 09:42:37

Tried Jo Wheatley's ultimate chocolate cake (perhaps my second choc cake ever) and while it was better than my first it still was not very moist.

Your best recipes over here please....

Grumblelion Fri 01-Nov-13 09:48:50

Hummingbird bakery' Chocolate Guiness cake from the Cake Days book. DB has to have it for his birthday cake every year now - not sure how popular I am with DSIL after introducing him to it bless her!

Shruti04 Fri 01-Nov-13 11:02:40

I love chocolate cake but it is bad with me that after a long tried I have make anyone good chocolate cake still.

CMOTDibbler Fri 01-Nov-13 11:06:09

This is an amazing moist cake and super easy. I really like the swiss meringue buttercream with it, but usually do raspberry meringue buttercream inside

Manchesterhistorygirl Fri 01-Nov-13 11:06:53

James Martin cola cake. The best, moistest cake ever!

elsielegallez Fri 01-Nov-13 18:50:49

This chocolate cake is delicious and very moist: thecaketrail.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/chocolate-and-raspberry-gateau.html - if you don't want to add the alcohol, you can simply replace with water and add a tablespoon of vanilla extract.

Hummingbird Bakery Brooklyn Blackout is sandwiched with a chocolate custard so is incredibly moist - a real gooey eat-with-a-fork-and-spoon pudding cake rather than a cake to eat in your fingers with a cup of coffee.

AlpacaPicnic Wed 06-Nov-13 22:37:18

Guinness chocolate cake was the most awesome thing ever! I like the sound of the Brooklyn blackout though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now