Paul Hollywood's Fruit Loaf?

(3 Posts)
midori1999 Tue 29-Oct-13 18:34:59

I'm trying to make this and it's just on its first prove. However, although I only added 3/4 or so of the liquid, the dough is incredibly wet and sticky. I know his recipes are on the wet side, but has anyone made this with success and if so, did you bake it on trays as advised in the book or in tins? I'm a bit worried if I do it on a tray it'll spread out instead of going up and be very flat.

Just seen this midori1999. How did it turn out in the end? I haven't made it but have made lots of his other recipes from the book and I agree, they are often very wet. His ciabatta is lovely as are the olive sticks and the lemon drizzle is delicious,

midori1999 Wed 30-Oct-13 13:38:37

Thanks. It turned out quite well thanks, (hopefully a pic is attached) but I think ill leave the icing off next time as it didn't really add anything I don't think and the loaf would be lovely toasted with butter, although it was nice cold too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now