Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Help with making this cake?

(7 Posts)
Slainte Sat 26-Oct-13 19:53:05

Could anyone give me a general outline of how they would make this cake?

I'm not very experienced in icing cakes, in fact I've never iced a cake. But I am a frequent home baker.

I'm having the in-laws for Christmas so would like to make as much as I can in advance. I was wondering if this could be a chocolate cake inside?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Have a look at this

Habbibu Sat 26-Oct-13 20:27:00

Yy, could be chocolate cake. I'd make and freeze the cake ahead of time - ices better that way. I don't really use fondant, so can't help, but you can buy blocks of good fondant from cook shops in that colour. And edible glitter for the white.

Defo buy the red. Its a nightmare to do yourself.

I haven't tried this cake before but am tempted to have a try this year.

Slainte Sat 26-Oct-13 21:50:47

That's brilliant, thank you all.

Bit of a dim question re freezing the cake, would you cut it in two horizontally first? Also, how long would it take to defrost so that I can start making it up?

TIA flowers

Habbibu Sat 26-Oct-13 22:07:04

Cut it first, before freezing, and ice straight from the freezer - ices better that way.

Slainte Sun 03-Nov-13 07:55:37

Thanks Habbibu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now