biscuits without butter

(5 Posts)
StainlessSteelCat Fri 25-Oct-13 12:47:42

I can make cakes, but biscuits are an unknown quantity to me! decided to make some rhw kids could decorate, have just realised I don't have much butter and can't face Rogers thought of taking three kids shopping twice in one day!

so, can I substitute stork? I know the taste will suffer, but are we talking a different taste/ texture that's still edible, or is more buttercream made with margarine territory?

MothershipG Sat 26-Oct-13 09:19:07

If you are making a dough with other strong flavours you shouldn't notice much difference, but if you were planning to make something that relies on the butter for flavour it won't be nice!

I would use what butter you have, and make the rest of the quantity up in stork. Especially if it's stork sb as I find that leaves the finished biscuits softer than butter.

Not its not the same territory as butter cream made withmarg (according to my taste buds!)

StainlessSteelCat Sat 26-Oct-13 12:36:25

thank you! in the end I made some with the last of the butter, and very yummy they are too! but will try again with stork and use lots of flavour, probably chocolate. well, cocoa powder.

I need to practice biscuits. I think my waist line is hoping for inedible results, rest of me wants delicious!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now