OMG

(7 Posts)

Yes im sure it will be fine. Just make sure its well defrosted.

nannycook Sun 20-Oct-13 07:49:45

Ha ha, oh god! I'm not the only one then. Do you think it will be ok frozen tho?

Nanny thats not as silly as me putting the wrong name on a cake and only realising 10 mins before collection blush

nannycook Fri 18-Oct-13 18:47:05

Lentil, honestly your words are too kind, trust me and idiot isnt the right word, if i hadnt looked back at the text she sent me last week to find out what writing she wanted,then the numbers 27th jumped out at me, i thought Omg!! Just glad i didnt finish it off before looking.

This is a lemon sponge with a lovely filling, are you sure it will be ok?

lentilweavinghippy Fri 18-Oct-13 16:22:33

Don't look at it as being an idiot - think of it as being super-organised, so efficient that you got a week ahead of yourself without even trying!

melodyangel Fri 18-Oct-13 16:18:20

I think it should be fine. Had a quick google search and it seems to be something people do.

nannycook Fri 18-Oct-13 13:57:35

I'm an idiot, been so busy baking all week thinking Sundays christening cake was the last, i've only gone and made it a week early, in my confused tired state, i thought it was this week and obivously its next week.

My question is, i've gone as far as crumb coating when i realised i'm an idiot, so, bunged it in the freezer, will it be ok to take out next fri to cover with fondant, etc.??

Please someone get back to me so i can at least sleep tonight!! TIA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now