Small, easy birthday cake?

(3 Posts)
rachel123456 Thu 17-Oct-13 10:54:40

DS2 was born last year very close to DH's birthday. I think DH feels his birthday is somewhat overshadowed now, and he has suggested that as we'll have a cake for DS2's birthday, and another for his party, that we shouldn't do a cake for DH's birthday this year. It is a lot of cake, but I'd like to make him something, but perhaps something on the smaller side? We already have some shallow 17.5cm/7 inch tins, and proper (tall sided) 20cm/8 inch cake tins, or I could probably get other sizes from a local shop if a recipe needed it. Can anyone suggest any recipes that might be suitable, please? Preferably something on the simpler side, as I am not much of a cook, and DS1, 3yo, will probably want to help too!

Thanks in advance!

daisydoo222 Thu 17-Oct-13 14:45:05

Are you after a cake recipe or decoration ideas?
A carrot cake is very very easy, no whisking etc, just shove all your ingredients in a bowl, mix them up, put it in a tin and in the oven.

A three egg sponge is about right for 7" tins and easy for DS to help with - counting eggs, watching scales balance, etc.

Sandwich with whipped cream and blackberries. Have it as pudding rather than cake?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now