Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Where would I find Ballet shoes to go on a cake?

(18 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 20-Oct-13 21:16:42

I know; I think I'd rather she didn't

nannycook Sun 20-Oct-13 20:32:15

No probs katy. Darling dd is obviously growing up, ha ha.

KatyMac Sun 20-Oct-13 19:15:52

Thanks Zing - they seem quite small

That's really kind of you, Nannycook - but DD is having a change of heart (apparently she doesn't want the ballet cake with her friends it would be too embarrassing)

nannycook Sun 20-Oct-13 17:36:20

Katy, when is the cake for? I have a fab cake dec store a mile away from that stocks everything you can think of do you want me to ask for ballet shoes and if they sell a mould, would you like me to send it to you?

ZingDollyChops Sun 20-Oct-13 17:32:27

look on Ebay for silicone moulds!

I'm pretty sure I saw some shoes!

( I've bought Titanic and lego mininfigures to make ice"cubes" & mini chocs a few days ago!shock grin )

KatyMac Fri 18-Oct-13 16:43:04

I like this but it's not edible either

KatyMac Fri 18-Oct-13 16:25:18

Way too much!

nannycook Fri 18-Oct-13 14:09:40

Katy, i defo think we do too much.

KatyMac Wed 16-Oct-13 22:45:04

I often do; I'll make the cake, some flowers & assemble it but shoes are beyond my ability just now

I have 3000 crystals to hotfix on for a ballroom dress oh & a 50 hour a week job.....plus the whole convalescing thing

So not this week wink

nannycook Wed 16-Oct-13 22:26:51

Yes i know what you mean, i'm having a busy time lately( all my fault as taken on abit much if i'm honest)

I've just made sleeping baby to.go on a blanket for a cake on sun, i work fulltime and also bake 4 cakes aweek for a local cafe, plus made 4 celebration cakes in the last 2 weeks, so i understand not having time to ido it as it does take time, but defo worth having a go at some point.

KatyMac Wed 16-Oct-13 22:11:08

Not sure I have time; I've been quite poorly & I have a major craft project on for 2nd Nov

I've got until a week on Sunday & I have to make the cake too

nannycook Wed 16-Oct-13 22:06:31

Katy, could you try making them? I'm.sure you'd find a tutorial on how to make these on youtube.

KatyMac Wed 16-Oct-13 18:32:41

Really wanted edible

Etsy is lovely but abroad & I wouldn't get it in time

Metellaestinhortobibit Wed 16-Oct-13 17:23:50

Have you tried Etsy?
this maybe?

OldBeanbagz Wed 16-Oct-13 17:16:39

Not edible but what about this?

KatyMac Wed 16-Oct-13 13:53:36

I think I'd prefer edible.....but I'll see what she thinks

ICameOnTheJitney Wed 16-Oct-13 10:37:25

If you aren't fussed about it being edible, I found this it's ceramid though so you'd need support inside the cake so it does not sink. I puit in "Ornamental Ballet Shoes"

KatyMac Wed 16-Oct-13 10:16:04

I found this on ebay but it isn't really right (too young I think)

So where else can I look - what words should I google?

Dd (soon to be 16) hasn't asked for a specific cake since she was about 12 & she wants a tutu cake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now