Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Cake that will last 3 days??

(7 Posts)
FIFIBEBE Tue 15-Oct-13 20:43:18

I have promised a cake to a new Foodbank Cafe next week, I unexpectedly need to go away 3 days before it is needed. Can anyone suggest a cake that will get better or last for at least 3 days? I usually do Nigella's Clementine cake or a fruit cake in these circumstances but have overdone these a bit recently.
TIA

NigelMolesworth Tue 15-Oct-13 20:45:08

Gingerbread?

thingamajig Tue 15-Oct-13 20:45:54

Fruitcakes tend to do well, or something like ginger parkin (traybake, cuts up well) will improve with time.

OldBeanbagz Tue 15-Oct-13 20:46:37

Parkin? The recipe says best kept for 3-5 days before eating.

Ours didn't last that long though thlblush

FIFIBEBE Tue 15-Oct-13 20:53:20

Superb idea! Completely forgot about that, will do that. Thank you.

devonsmummy Tue 15-Oct-13 21:03:10

If you substitute the butter for oil the cake will last longer.
I made chocolate cake that tasted just as good 7 days on

Madeira? It is generally better after two or three days anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now