Defrosting cake - Preventing it from drying out.

(8 Posts)
solitudehappiness Mon 14-Oct-13 21:25:31

I'll be eating it on Wednesday. So more than likely will cut it in half and put butter icing in the middle.
Thank you so much for feedback smile

PumpkinGuts Mon 14-Oct-13 21:15:41

if you aren't eating it today or tomorrow I probably would. Otherwise up to you... next time only defrost it when you plan to eat it straight away

solitudehappiness Mon 14-Oct-13 21:08:21

I baked the cake, covered it with plain chocolate and froze it.
It's defrosting at the moment. As its not a Victoria sandwich type cake I'm conscious of it being dry. It's about 3-4 inches high. Should I cut it in half and put butter icing in?

PumpkinGuts Mon 14-Oct-13 20:36:32

I actually "do" cakes as a sideline from home but I think icing them with buttercream is the best thing for keeping them moist. or keeping them tightly covered

PumpkinGuts Mon 14-Oct-13 20:35:11

Icing it and keeping it covered would be my best suggestion, but I probably wouldn't feed a cake that wasn't a fruit cake. with anything but Cointreau that is

I'm right in thinking this is an orange "flavoured" cake and not a fruit cake right of some sort right?

I'm a bit confused because I don't understand a cake being left around long enough to go dry?! confused grin

solitudehappiness Mon 14-Oct-13 19:53:11

Thank you. And to stop it being dry when it's defrosted? What would you suggest? Feeding it freshly squeezed orange?

PumpkinGuts Mon 14-Oct-13 18:01:18

Just keepit wrapped in clingfilm till defrosted

solitudehappiness Mon 14-Oct-13 16:52:35

Hi

I've made a chocolate and orange cake, froze it, and am defrosting. How can I prevent it from being dry? Was thinking of maybe squirting some fresh orange and letting it soak in?

Any ideas welcomed please? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now