Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Would you be interested in this baking blog ?

(8 Posts)
Onykahonie Sun 13-Oct-13 16:40:17

Ah, from your original post "complete with recipes..." I thought you meant you'd be posting the original recipes. Sorry for misunderstanding!
As far as I understand you can't reproduce an original recipe in its entirety at all even if you credit the recipe, UNLESS you have permission to do so.

www.foodies100.co.uk/2012/02/13/a-simple-guide-to-copyright/
www.lambsearsandhoney.com/2012/03/recipe-ownership-copyright-infringement-be-respectful-but-informed/

HardFacedCareeristBitchNigel Sat 12-Oct-13 23:52:12

I would only be linking to the recipes on the bbc website, i think this is acceptable practice isn't it ? Likewise you can reproduce as long as you credit the recipe along the lines of "paul hollywood focaccia recipe from gbbo"

Onykahonie Sat 12-Oct-13 21:38:18

I'm a food blogger too and would just warn you to be careful of reproducing recipes on your blog as I know of at least a couple of bloggers who have been threatened with legal action for doing so.

You can post a recipe which you've changed and put in your own words (might be a better focus if you're a pastry chef?), or you could join in with blogger linkies such as this one: http://www.thecrazykitchen.co.uk/2013/10/the-great-bloggers-bake-off-week-7-rye.html

VivaLeThrustBadger Sat 12-Oct-13 20:40:20

I'd be interested. I might worry a bit that if you're such a good chef that you might not explain something basically enough for me to copy!

I would! I enjoy baking blogs eg pink whisk

MollyRoses Sat 12-Oct-13 20:28:45

Yes!

Don't mind if you're a pastry chef or not. I read all sorts of blogs

PeppiNephrine Fri 11-Oct-13 10:38:53

I'd read it, if it was well written. You could also feature your versions of any stand out recipes from the contestants, I often see them do something and would like a recipe to do the same.

HardFacedCareeristBitchNigel Wed 09-Oct-13 15:15:03

Me baking all of the technical challenges on GBBO ? Complete with recipe and photos ? I enjoy writing and blogging but am not very focused and this appeals so me.

Would it make a difference (either way) to know that i am a pastry chef ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now