Would you be interested in this baking blog ?

(8 Posts)
HardFacedCareeristBitchNigel Wed 09-Oct-13 15:15:03

Me baking all of the technical challenges on GBBO ? Complete with recipe and photos ? I enjoy writing and blogging but am not very focused and this appeals so me.

Would it make a difference (either way) to know that i am a pastry chef ?

PeppiNephrine Fri 11-Oct-13 10:38:53

I'd read it, if it was well written. You could also feature your versions of any stand out recipes from the contestants, I often see them do something and would like a recipe to do the same.

MollyRoses Sat 12-Oct-13 20:28:45

Yes!

Don't mind if you're a pastry chef or not. I read all sorts of blogs

I would! I enjoy baking blogs eg pink whisk

VivaLeThrustBadger Sat 12-Oct-13 20:40:20

I'd be interested. I might worry a bit that if you're such a good chef that you might not explain something basically enough for me to copy!

Onykahonie Sat 12-Oct-13 21:38:18

I'm a food blogger too and would just warn you to be careful of reproducing recipes on your blog as I know of at least a couple of bloggers who have been threatened with legal action for doing so.

You can post a recipe which you've changed and put in your own words (might be a better focus if you're a pastry chef?), or you could join in with blogger linkies such as this one: http://www.thecrazykitchen.co.uk/2013/10/the-great-bloggers-bake-off-week-7-rye.html

HardFacedCareeristBitchNigel Sat 12-Oct-13 23:52:12

I would only be linking to the recipes on the bbc website, i think this is acceptable practice isn't it ? Likewise you can reproduce as long as you credit the recipe along the lines of "paul hollywood focaccia recipe from gbbo"

Onykahonie Sun 13-Oct-13 16:40:17

Ah, from your original post "complete with recipes..." I thought you meant you'd be posting the original recipes. Sorry for misunderstanding!
As far as I understand you can't reproduce an original recipe in its entirety at all even if you credit the recipe, UNLESS you have permission to do so.

www.foodies100.co.uk/2012/02/13/a-simple-guide-to-copyright/
www.lambsearsandhoney.com/2012/03/recipe-ownership-copyright-infringement-be-respectful-but-informed/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now