Suggestions for a joint birthday cake for eight 2 year olds please!

(7 Posts)
Bunbaker Sun 13-Oct-13 00:16:41

I would make a large traybake in a roasting tin, ice it with buttercream and cover the cake with smarties.

HenriettaPye Sat 12-Oct-13 23:56:58

I would go for a big 2!

Snowgirl1 Sat 12-Oct-13 23:32:59

4forksake that might work...if I knew what a minion was. I'll check with the other mums - their children may well love minions and then I'll have to do some research!

4forkssake Fri 11-Oct-13 18:22:20

A minion each if they like despicable me?

YDdraigGoch Wed 09-Oct-13 10:27:50

I think I'd make a big cake out of eight smaller sections - something like a caterpillar maybe, where each segment of the body is a round cake (cut a curved bit out to make them fit together), and you can put a child's name on each section. The head and the tail can be bonus sections. Two candles on each section - they take turns to blow them out (or all blow out together).

We did a big square cake with balloons on and names and date of birth on each balloon. We then gave each child a cupcake with a candle on to blow out.

Snowgirl1 Wed 09-Oct-13 10:18:48

My ante-natal group are having a joint 2nd birthday party for all our children, so there will be eight two year olds. I'm trying to think of a design that will be large enough to enable them all to blow out the candles at the same time, if anyone has any suggestions I'd be really grateful. It's a mix of boys and girls, so preferably something unisex.

A snake? Caterpillar? Something involving individual cupcakes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now