Carrot cake/fudge cake recipe

(6 Posts)
zgaze Wed 02-Oct-13 17:58:13

This is the worlds best carrot cake recipe bar none, it's so moist and delicious:
360g coarsely grated carrots
100g dark brown sugar (I use molasses sugar) dissolved in a bit of hot water
100g raisins soaked in a bit of warm fruit juice (or rum if it's for grownups)
150g soft brown caster sugar
2 eggs
200g plain flour
Heaped 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Broken up walnuts if you like
Cinnamon / nutmeg to taste (I like loads - 2 tbsp at least)
175ml vegetable oil

Bung it all in a bowl, stir it up then put into dish and bake in a 180 oven for about 25-30 mins. It'll look quite 'wet' - i.e. It will pour into a baking dish, don't worry, that's normal. The cake tin I use for this is about 7 x 10 x 2 inches, I usually line it with baking paper. It's cooked when you stick a knife in and it slides back out clean.

For a chocolate cake, an easy and really nice one is the 'chocolate frosted tray bake' on www.thepinkwhisk.co.uk - for some reason the sites not loading for me at the moment so I can't link to it properly. I do it in the same size dish as above.

campion Wed 02-Oct-13 17:53:12

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3229/yummy-scrummy-carrot-cake
This is an absolutely delicious recipe, very moist and tangy. It keeps well too but it might not last that long.

Follow the instructions but don't overbake. You can be a bit flexible with size of tin.

No Fudge cake recipe to recommend but there are plenty around.

birdybear Wed 02-Oct-13 17:46:53

Just Google some!

birdybear Wed 02-Oct-13 17:46:37

Just Google some!

Secretspaceships Wed 02-Oct-13 17:42:50

Bump

Secretspaceships Wed 02-Oct-13 16:14:04

I want to make a carrot cake and fudge cake for DHs birthday
I've never made either before does anyone have any recipes or can link to?, I don't even have a cake
Tin so recommendations for th would be good too
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now