Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Tray bake issue

(6 Posts)

*time

Thanks all. I will try cutting rather than scraping. Spoons do come into it Mike grin I don't know how you reuse then though, mine are always pulverised by the tone I'm finished with them!

BellaVita Tue 01-Oct-13 22:13:43

I have never greased one of those trays and they lift out perfectly every time, I wash and reuse mine.

But yes, try cutting the foil.

Not sure if it makes any difference but I use Mary Berry's recipe.

MikeLitoris Tue 01-Oct-13 22:10:18

Just get a spoon and dig in.

Easy.

grin

Probably too late re greasing... sounds like you've already made it. I would cut through the cake and foil say half a centimetre away from the edges, then peel the bottom off. But looking at the time of your post, probably also too late re how to get it out.

For foil trays in future, would grease and then lightly dust with flour. No doubt someone else will be along to give you better ideas, but that is what I would do

I bought some of the rectangular foil tray bake trays from lakeland to try a lemon drizzle tray bake. But I can't get it out of the foil. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to grease it? <numpty>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now