Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

need ideas for a show stopper bake.

(33 Posts)
MikeLitoris Mon 23-Sep-13 16:04:20

I've been roped into making something for a charity bake off on Thursday. No one else will do it.

Has to be relatively easy but look great.

Cupcakes are out as I make those regularily.

Help!

MikeLitoris Sun 29-Sep-13 14:35:38

Yes I noticed that billy. Lots of them around.

My cake won the 'bake off' btw.

BillyBanter Sun 29-Sep-13 14:43:00

Yay!

and deservedly so.

sweetestcup Sun 29-Sep-13 21:42:32

Well done you! Its so professional looking smile

Marking place to see mike's cake tomorrow cos I can't see profiles on the app..

very cute owl Mike

<<ahem, MNHQ, can you kick tech harder about sorting out the currently rather rubbish Android app so that we can see pictures?>>

Is there anything inside the owl or is he/she pure fondant?

MikeLitoris Mon 30-Sep-13 11:51:09

Its a cake. Made it with the littlest hemisphere tims from lakeland.

I did wonder. I feel I may "need" some of those dinky hemisphere tins.

MikeLitoris Mon 30-Sep-13 14:06:10

They are very useful. I made some cute lady birds too. Im sure they were only about £2.50 each.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now