What else can I put in cupcake cases?

(8 Posts)
momb Fri 04-Oct-13 16:13:40

If you have a muffin tin to support the cases, you can make jelly in them with a swirl of whipped cream on the top. It looks like a cupcake but eats like a jelly!!

tb Fri 04-Oct-13 16:10:02

At home my dm used to use 2 cases rather than just one. Maybe that will provide just a little bit more insulation.

EdieBlizzard Mon 23-Sep-13 12:57:31

Break up different coloured wax crayons, pop a variety in each case, melt in the oven and then cool. Pop in the party bags as a cool rainbow crayon... Well it's one alternative!

SavoyCabbage Mon 23-Sep-13 12:51:20

My friend buys cakes and muffins and puts them in the cases! Then you could ice them in a jungle stylee. They will will only eat the icing at a party anyway. You could serve them rocks with a smartie on top and they would never know.

nannycook Mon 23-Sep-13 12:47:26

3birthday, i had the same problem as you the other week, drove me nuts, found out since it is the cupcake cases you use, for those cakes i used ordinary paper cases,which was the problem apparently, they were Culpit cases, now i but the thicker foil ones, abit more expensive but the problems solved, i knew it wasnt my mixture cos i always use the same one.

The cases just fall off, I follow recipes etc use trays, I blame the oven cos I'm a bad workman!

catameringue Mon 23-Sep-13 10:37:50

Cornflake or krispie cakes.

Not sure what you mean when you say lining peels off?
If you use a cupcake or muffin tray and a cake recipe for cupcakes (internet is full of them) it should work.

I bought some themed cupcakes for ds's party, completely forgetting about my inability to make cupcakes. I can make yummy cakes but with cupcakes the lining always peels off - I've trief over baking, underbaking, less liquid, weighing eggs, the only thing which seems to work is silver/gold cases, which these themed ones are not.

So - what else can I put in them? Currently thinking chocolate krispie cakes, marshmallow krispies. They are 5cm diameter jungle theme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now