What else can I put in cupcake cases?

(8 Posts)

I bought some themed cupcakes for ds's party, completely forgetting about my inability to make cupcakes. I can make yummy cakes but with cupcakes the lining always peels off - I've trief over baking, underbaking, less liquid, weighing eggs, the only thing which seems to work is silver/gold cases, which these themed ones are not.

So - what else can I put in them? Currently thinking chocolate krispie cakes, marshmallow krispies. They are 5cm diameter jungle theme.

catameringue Mon 23-Sep-13 10:37:50

Cornflake or krispie cakes.

Not sure what you mean when you say lining peels off?
If you use a cupcake or muffin tray and a cake recipe for cupcakes (internet is full of them) it should work.

The cases just fall off, I follow recipes etc use trays, I blame the oven cos I'm a bad workman!

nannycook Mon 23-Sep-13 12:47:26

3birthday, i had the same problem as you the other week, drove me nuts, found out since it is the cupcake cases you use, for those cakes i used ordinary paper cases,which was the problem apparently, they were Culpit cases, now i but the thicker foil ones, abit more expensive but the problems solved, i knew it wasnt my mixture cos i always use the same one.

SavoyCabbage Mon 23-Sep-13 12:51:20

My friend buys cakes and muffins and puts them in the cases! Then you could ice them in a jungle stylee. They will will only eat the icing at a party anyway. You could serve them rocks with a smartie on top and they would never know.

EdieBlizzard Mon 23-Sep-13 12:57:31

Break up different coloured wax crayons, pop a variety in each case, melt in the oven and then cool. Pop in the party bags as a cool rainbow crayon... Well it's one alternative!

tb Fri 04-Oct-13 16:10:02

At home my dm used to use 2 cases rather than just one. Maybe that will provide just a little bit more insulation.

momb Fri 04-Oct-13 16:13:40

If you have a muffin tin to support the cases, you can make jelly in them with a swirl of whipped cream on the top. It looks like a cupcake but eats like a jelly!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now