dinosaur cake disaster

(9 Posts)
sadsong Sat 21-Sep-13 19:08:27

Giant purple penis is hysterical! 2nd attempt came out much better! grin

TwoStepsBeyond Fri 20-Sep-13 19:51:29

My friend made her DD a dinosaur cake once, think it was a brontosaurus or suchlike, with a long neck and round head. Unfortunately it looked like a giant purple penis.

Could be worse!

OhSheesh Fri 20-Sep-13 19:41:22

I think it looks great nannycook!

nannycook Thu 19-Sep-13 18:50:53

Jaws

nannycook Thu 19-Sep-13 18:49:15

Sadsong, dont be too hard on yourself, things dont always go as you want, i'm sure it was as bad as you make out, only an hr ago i finished what should be a shark cake for a 10 yr old ( god knows why a shark but who am i to question) not partically happy with it. See for yourself.

Raid the toy box for dinosaurs and pop them on top of a green blob. Put more green blobs on top of said dinosaurs. Ta da - prehistoric jungle.

ZenGardener Thu 19-Sep-13 13:58:25

I always blame cake disasters on the kids. As long as it tasted nice, eh!

Nolda Thu 19-Sep-13 13:56:29

Not a dinosaur-shaped cake but can be decorated with model dinos : search for volcano cake BBC Goodfood. I made one of these. It was very easy. I missed out the lava and stuck in one of those sparkler candles instead.

sadsong Thu 19-Sep-13 12:46:06

It's ds's birthday today, he is 2. Apart from the fact that makes me very sad I have been trying my best to make it nice. Yesterday I was up until 1.30am icing what can only be described as a blob, perhaps some would think it was the British isles. What's worse is the public humiliation I felt taking said blob into nursery. I know 2 yr olds don't care and i simply said the children helped make it! What a lie! I've made many a birthday cake usually pretty good amateur! This was the worst. I was going to make another for home but really think I might need a few more suggestions. Although the cake is the pits it's making me feel better making something for ds, so dinosaur cake suggestions would be gratefully received!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now