freezes well.

(7 Posts)
nannycook Sun 15-Sep-13 18:14:11

Like i said in another post about making cakes for a local cafe, he says he wants to freeze all the cakes and get out as and when needed, the cakes he wants to start are,

Coffee and walnut

Blueberry and lemon ( needs to chat to him about that one, for me its one or the other)

Victoria with jam and cream.

All theses cakes will be fully filled and decorated before hand, question is, will they all freeze like that?

The coffee and walnut would be fine

I've never heard of blueberry and lemon together

I don't think the sponge wit hthe jam and cream would tbh, I'm not sure the cream would handle being frozen, but I'm happy to be corrected

nannycook Sun 15-Sep-13 20:51:59

Hi slimjim, mmm thats what thought, the jam and cream probaly will i guess, i already freeze left over buttercream, it defrosts well with no harm done to taste or texture thankfully.

I'm gonna have to alter his way of thinking i believe, its what he has on his menu at present though, i already make a fab blueberry and a lemon cake with a fab lemon filling but i wouldnt put them together either.

Buttercream freezes fine, I've done it loads of times. And even cakes fully decorated. I presumed you meant fresh cream, sorry!

nannycook Mon 16-Sep-13 21:55:11

Hate fresh cream, not sweet enough for me! Such a sweet tooth i have.

Same here. Could eat buttercream by the spoonful, and I have to make doube batches of ganache or I never leave enough for the cake!

nannycook Tue 17-Sep-13 12:38:02

Ha ha ha, me too, i made some on sunday for a meringue and i made a huge amount from a large tub on cream, by the time i'd finished i had just enough, very naughty of me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now