Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

sweets for Christmas Fayre

(10 Posts)
cazakstan Argentina Sun 29-Sep-13 08:26:37

Gosh....love home made sweets...
Truffles...melt equal quantities of chocolate and double cream in pan over simmering water...mix, cool a little, divide, add any flavourings...bailey's, brandy, chopped roasted nuts etc. Pop in fridge to set, roll into small balls then in cocoa, icing sugar or nuts...pop in container...will keep in fridge for a week or so. Anything goes with this ganache mix. Cherries and brandy would be christmassy.

nannycook Sun 29-Sep-13 08:04:33

alpaca, that does sound very very good. must must must try that.

lemonbiscuit Sat 28-Sep-13 22:22:38

Just made the Bailey's fudge today. It was delicious!

WildThongsHeartString Tue 17-Sep-13 22:00:03

Or crumble it through cheesecake topping, just amazing. not fattening at all

AlpacaPicnic Tue 17-Sep-13 21:45:03

How long would it keep? I've never had any leftover...!
But seriously... The amount of sugar in it, it acts as its own preservative, so ages, literally weeks. The only effect it has, it dries out a bit but it just seems like crumbly fudge then... You might be able to reheat it and reconstitute it,or melt it and pour it over ice cream! Mmmmm ice cream...

WildThongsHeartString Tue 17-Sep-13 21:27:44

Tablet, always popular and keeps well.
good recipe here although I don't bother with vanilla

lemonbiscuit Tue 17-Sep-13 21:24:11

Thanks for suggestions. How long would the baileys fudge keep unrefridgerated?

AlpacaPicnic Mon 16-Sep-13 23:59:55

Baileys fudge... I share this recipe every chance I get, it's so easy to make.

Melt 4 cups (approx 400g) or very dark chocolate. In a separate bowl, mix together 3 cups of icing sugar and 1 cup of baileys until well combined. Stir in the melted but cooled chocolate. Pour into a double lined tin, and refrigerate until set - usually overnight. You could pretty it up by drizzling with some melted white chocolate or sprinkles...
It is very rich so cut into small squares!

Onykahonie Sun 15-Sep-13 14:49:59

Oreo truffles are easy to make and will keep for about a week in the fridge: wedonteatanythingwithaface.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/oreo-truffles.html

I like the sound of this mint version too (I reckon you could use mint Penguins instead of the mint Oreos): www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/cool-mint-oreo-cookie-balls-121576.aspx

lemonbiscuit Sun 15-Sep-13 14:25:52

hi I have been asked to make some sweets for a Christmas Fayre (looking ahead, I know.....). Anyone got any good recipes please? I want to make them a few days ahead of time, so they will need to keep ok. People often make chocolate truffle type things, so any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now