Mars bar cheesecake

(15 Posts)
pourmeanother Wed 11-Sep-13 16:50:45

I'm virtually certain I saw someone raving about a Mumsnet recipe of this tasty treat and they were even kind enough to provide the recipe.

But I can't find it anywhere!!!!!!

I think it was just mentioned briefly in a large thread about what we all make/bake that goes down a storm with everyone.

I felt certain my family would love this one and I've gone and promised to make it soon!

Can anyone help?

Thanks

allchatnicknamesgone Wed 11-Sep-13 18:04:51

Google it? The recipe will pop up. I've seen it before.

I'm mostly placemarking because I need to try that!

pourmeanother Wed 11-Sep-13 18:22:28

I will google and do it that way if no one replies. I just wanted this particular recipe. I remember thinking it sounded lovely with those particular ingredients and was a no bake one. The only cheesecake I've made before was a baked new york cheesecake and it was really disappointing. The person who gave the recipe for this one said that anyone who has ever tasted hers has RAVED about it and said something like she had MN to thank for life for the recipe!

I want that recipe!!!

I know I only read it within the last fortnight! I've gone through all the threads I think it could be in! So wish I'd copied and pasted it now!

snozzlemaid Wed 11-Sep-13 18:25:57
MikeLitoris Wed 11-Sep-13 18:26:24

I think it might be this...? But this sounds like an American version going by the wording.

Ingredients:

Cheesecake:

300ml thickened cream
2 tablespoons brown sugar
50 grams milk chocolate chopped
50 grams butter
3 teaspoons gelatine
60ml boiling water
2 x 250 grams packets cream cheese (room temp)
1/2 cup caster sugar
3 x 60 grams Mars Bars chopped
Base Ingredients:

250 grams plain chocolate biscuits
120 grams butter melted
To Make the Base:

Crush biscuits finely add melted butter and mix well. Press over a base and sides of a round 20cm springform cake tin. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.

To Make the Cheesecake:

Combine two tablespoons of cream, brown sugar and extra butter in a small saucepan. Stir on low heat for 3-4 mins until sugar dissolves. Set aside. Dissolve gelatine by whisking into water with a fork until dissolved. Stir till smooth. Set aside. Combine two tablespoons of cream and chocolate in another saucepan and stir on low heat until chocolate dissolves. Set aside.

Using electric mixer, beat cheese and sugar together until smooth and in another bowl whip remaining cream until soft peaks are formed. Stir gelatine into cheese mixture with Mars bars and then fold in cream. Pour half the cheese mixture into the chilled base and then drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauces.

Pull a skewer backwards and forwards through the sauces.

Pour remaining cheese mixture in and then drizzle the top with sauces again and repeat the skewer. Cover and chill for 3 hours.

Recipe Hints and Tips:

Mars Bar Cheesecake is unsuitable for freezing.
Make up to two days ahead and keep covered in plastic wrap in the fridge.

JimmyCorkhill Wed 11-Sep-13 18:29:35

Was it this one? Mars Bar cheesecake

absentmindeddooooodles Wed 11-Sep-13 18:31:57

Soooo making this tonight....

JimmyCorkhill Wed 11-Sep-13 18:33:37

Which actually just linked to this Bar cheesecake 2

Mumsnut Wed 11-Sep-13 18:34:54

Yum Let us know how it goes ...

JimmyCorkhill Wed 11-Sep-13 18:36:03

Or there are these recipes:
2nd response
about 8th response

JimmyCorkhill Wed 11-Sep-13 18:37:58

Ha ha! You're spoiled for choice now grin.

pourmeanother Wed 11-Sep-13 18:41:23

Yes!!!!!

You utter legends!

Shall get ingredients in and make it soon. Will update you with results!

Thanks so much!

pourmeanother Fri 04-Oct-13 13:28:55

Belated update - I made this a fortnight or so ago. It went down extremely well with everyone. Was sickly as anything but no one cared!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now