Debbie Brown's 50 Easy Party Cakes

(7 Posts)
KosherBacon Thu 19-Sep-13 08:17:27

Yep, there is a clown in it.

barefootcook Thu 19-Sep-13 00:37:13

Does the book have any circus or clown themed cakes?

midori1999 Wed 18-Sep-13 16:52:42

You can make fondant figures as far in advance as you like, they will go hard after a few days (assuming you mix gum trag or tylo with the fondant so you actually have modelling paste, not sure if the book mentions this?) and you can keep them in a Tupperware with a loose lid so they stay dust free.

I've made the dinosaur cake in the book and its extremely simple to do and I've made a version of the Noah's Ark cake too, which was also quite eqsy, for my DD's first birthday actually. I think there a some pics on my profile.

KosherBacon Wed 18-Sep-13 15:12:35

How far in advance can you make fondant decorative pieces?

bacon Tue 17-Sep-13 18:15:40

They are lovely but I still question the term "easy". I did the alien cake but the alien was hard. I would go for worms, bugs etc. Also start modelling well in advance as it takes the stress away.

nannycook Tue 10-Sep-13 12:56:46

Kosher, i have her book too, easy instructions to follow you should be fine with it.

KosherBacon Tue 10-Sep-13 08:49:36

I bought this book on a Mumsnet recommendation. The cakes all look awesome however I am a total novice at this malarkey. The most I have ever done is ice a Christmas tree.

Can anybody recommend one if the easier cakes for me to do for a one year old little boys birthday? I want the easiest one in the book please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now