Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Bake ahead/can be frozen cakes and bakes?

(6 Posts)
DTisMYdoctor Mon 23-Sep-13 08:58:35

Thanks for the replies - apologies, I completely forgot to come back to this thread.

Mrspaddy - that's really kind of you thank you. Are there any recipes that you think would work particularly well for a bake sale?
I'm going to do lemon drizzle cake and coconut macaroons today I think.

MrsGubbins Fri 13-Sep-13 20:02:49

banana bread does well after defrosting, also malt loaf tastes better a week after its been made

mrspaddy Fri 13-Sep-13 19:37:16

Lemon drizzle etc.. All freeze well. I have a great Mary Berry book from he 70s cooking for your freezer so if you want a recipe let me know. Also she recommends you don't ice them or fill them.

RoseFlowerFairy Fri 13-Sep-13 19:32:15

Fairy cakes work best.

I have never frozen pastry does it defrost ok?

Purple2012 Sun 08-Sep-13 10:18:56

Pretty much any cake will freeze. Just make sure you wrap it well and let it defrost before decorating.

DTisMYdoctor Sun 08-Sep-13 10:17:18

I'll need to make a few things for a bake sale in a couple of weeks, but I don't have a lot of time in the few days before.

Any suggestions for cakes and bakes that can be make in advance/freeze really well?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now