Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

strawberry muffins/cakes?

(6 Posts)
Naoko Mon 19-Aug-13 08:44:58

There's a Martha Stewart strawberry cake recipe that's really simple and really good, here. I often make it if I have some strawberries that are starting to look a little ropey. You don't need an actual pie plate like it asks for , any wide but not too deep baking tin will do.

nannycook Mon 19-Aug-13 08:30:23

aw piggy that does sound wicked, will try that. yesterday i made red velvet cakes with creamcheese and choc cakes with homemade fudge sauce, mmm.

PiggyPlumPie Sun 18-Aug-13 23:08:29

Whiz a few strawberries up and mix them into buttercream - it is heavenly!

countydurhamlass Sat 17-Aug-13 15:50:41

thanks for ur help

4forkssake Sat 17-Aug-13 11:59:06

Yes you can use them in the mixture, but chop them up, pat them with kitchen roll to get rid of excess moisture & coat them in some flour otherwise they'll sink. Or make a Victoria sponge with lots of fresh cream & strawbs inside & on top grin

countydurhamlass Sat 17-Aug-13 00:21:26

i bough some strawberries and know i will be sick of eating them before they are all gone (dh and ds dont like strawberries) but i was thinking if i could make some sort of cupcakes or muffins with strawberries in ds may try them.

can i just make them using normal cake mixture and add strawberries in or is there a special way to do it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now