Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Popping Candy in a cake - yay or nay?

(5 Posts)
JeffActually Wed 14-Aug-13 22:44:30

Ah blueberryboybait - I had not thought of that!!

Oh bother - I was getting very excited for a moment ... back to the drawing board!

For it to work in the cake it would need to be coated in something first (maybe choc?) or when it comes in contact with the liquid in the mix it will fizz away before it is baked.

PartyFops Wed 14-Aug-13 22:33:55

I would just try it and see if it works! grin

littlemissnormal Wed 14-Aug-13 22:33:11

That sounds amazing! I've never had it in the actual cake but I have in icing and chocolate.

JeffActually Wed 14-Aug-13 22:31:50

I am making a very unusual wedding cake for some fabulous friends who have pretty much given me permission to do anything I fancy with it (to give you an idea they have requested a carousel and a bucket of popcorn as two of the four layers...)

So....can I add popping candy into the cake mix - would it work? Or should I add it into the decoration somewhere?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now