Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

How to make individual rainbow cake layers?

(5 Posts)
nannycook Fri 09-Aug-13 12:56:04

Oh no this is unbaked, but i think they used a Betty Crocker white cake mix cos i'm sure they used oil.

januaryjojo Thu 08-Aug-13 22:52:14

Ooh yes, that way it won't be layers though, more rings?

But it has reminded me of a way I saw where you put one layer in, bake it till its just firm, then pour the next layer and bake slightly and so on.

nannycook Thu 08-Aug-13 22:39:32

Bee, i found an interesting way on youtube how to make a rainbow cake using one tin, the first colour went in then straight on top they put the other colour, and so on , it didnt run or anything i was abit dubious when i saw it but it turned out fine.

januaryjojo Thu 08-Aug-13 11:39:53

I found that each layer only took ten minutes tops to bake, they are thin.

I don't know if your idea would work through tbh.

LoveSewingBee Thu 08-Aug-13 09:41:37

I would like to make a rainbow cake. But if I would like to bake each layer separately it would tkae ages before all layers have been baked (i have only one tin in a given size). Could I use my tin and put baking paper between layers to keep them separare whilst baking them all at on e or would this not work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now