Online baking supplies

(4 Posts)
AlpacaPicnic Sun 04-Aug-13 16:01:05

Does anyone have any websites that they would recommend for bulk buying chocolate and other supplies for baking? I'm not planning on buying hundreds of pounds of catering supplies for a business but I'm getting into baking in a serious way and I don't drive so carrying heavy supplies of flour, sugar etc from the shops is getting annoying!

Online delivery is my saviour! Especially for store cupboard supplies wink

MalcolmTuckersMum Sun 04-Aug-13 23:31:25

Sorry I can't help but will watch this space as I also have an interest in this.

bacon Mon 05-Aug-13 21:07:57

for chocolate I use The chocolate trading company either their website or E-bay. Works out cheaper to buy any many packs as postage high. You can talking £20 + per bag for Callebaut etc.

You need a wholesale card for sugar/flour unless you want to pay again for flour. I have used direct from mill in past "Shiptons Mill" not a cost saving but hassle and quality saving.

Unless you have a business unsure whether you can use the wholesaler and in many occassions its not that much cheaper and the quality can be inferior to acceptable quality you get at supermarkets. The postage is so expensive with many of these companies its not worth the bother.

You really dont want big bags unless you have the space and again if your not going on industrial scale I think yr better sticking to the better quality at Sainsburys/Waitose.

AlpacaPicnic Mon 05-Aug-13 21:45:54

Thanks bacon!
Good to hear about the chocolate - and flour and sugar I can actually get from the cash n carry as DH works for a business with a card. He checked with his boss if he would be allowed to order things for me and I can pay the company for them, they are happy for me to do that so I can do that! They order every week so I won't have to order loads to justify the postage costs smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now