Idiot-proof birthday cake recipe?

(4 Posts)

Bacon I just wanted to let you know I baked the ultimate choc fudge cake in the end and it was amazing!!! (if I do say so myself grin). Very moist and it went down really well!

Buoyed by that, I saw a link on mumsnet somewhere to a courgette cake recipe which I made earlier in the week. I have a friend with her two little ones coming to stay today so have saved it for them - fingers crossed it's okay...

Thanks a million again smile

Wonderful Bacon! Thanks so much for replying smile

I'll have a look at the links now and will hopefully produce something that looks and tastes like cake grin

The party is Saturday so I'll make it on Wednesday. Thanks for that tip, I wouldn't have known...

wish me luck!

bacon Mon 08-Jul-13 16:07:35

perfectly simple and great is this tried and tested recipe www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10860/easy-vanilla-cake

chocolate is: www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4689/chocolate-cake you can use 20cm round tins for this and works well.

For a super rich ultimate chocolate cake this is the bees knees www.lindyscakes.co.uk/2011/02/02/lindys-chocolate-fudge-cake-recipe/

I would call myself a confident baker and these recipes are perfect for party cakes. Please dont bake night before - do 3 days in advance.

Hello all,

This is my first foray into 'Cakes and bakes' smile

I'm making a birthday cake (for an adult) for this weekend but I am a total novice. I can't remember ever having made a cake blush

Does anyone have a tasty yet easy recipe that even I could pull off?

I'm worried that whatever I produce will be inedible, help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now