Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Cupcakes which will stay fresh until Sunday?

(10 Posts)
MollyBerry Thu 27-Jun-13 18:30:21

What can I bake now that will stay fresh from today (Thursday) until Sunday? Do I ice now or wait until then? I have no time really until then that's why I'd prefer to do it now if possible.

Fedupnagging Thu 27-Jun-13 18:40:15

Do you have a freezer? You could make both the cupcakes and buttercream today and freeze them then ice first thing Sunday morning - neither take long to defrost.

Although, you could just freeze the cupcakes and keep the icing in the fridge.

Hope this helps.

silver28 Thu 27-Jun-13 18:45:08

Yes I'd just freeze them and keep icing in fridge.

MollyBerry Thu 27-Jun-13 20:14:23

Thats the issue, no freezer sad

fanjobiscuits Thu 27-Jun-13 20:19:35

Hmmm.. Fruit cake would keep, could you do mini cupcake sized ones?

fanjobiscuits Thu 27-Jun-13 20:26:11

Or something with lots of alcohol in? Rum baba style cakes? Otherwise am thinking of no cupcake like stuff - brownies, meringues etc.

MollyBerry Thu 27-Jun-13 20:59:49

Ohh I could od fruitcake but I've never let anyone that likes it.

Essentially it's a friend's party and I have just mastered the cupcake icing swirl and <whispers> I want to show off

Maggie111 Thu 27-Jun-13 21:56:15

I'd make chocolate brownies - then do a fancy cream cheese swirl on top of each squarre if you like. Cake wont keep well till Sunday

Something like this, but less fancy... us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/johnkasawa/johnkasawa1210/johnkasawa121000341/15821337-sweet-brownie-cake-topping-with-chocolate-and-almond.jpg

mamababa Thu 27-Jun-13 22:00:56

Try googling a recipe that uses veg oil rather than butter or marg.

fanjobiscuits Fri 28-Jun-13 00:14:23

Could you buy the cakes then decorate yourself - or team up with someone else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now