Calculating cooking time for this cake

(5 Posts)
sweetestcup Wed 26-Jun-13 21:31:39

I meant 20 cm blush, 20 inches is indeed huge! grin

Thanks filly smile

Fillybuster Wed 26-Jun-13 16:52:06

I'd probably set the timer for about 75% of the cooking time, then check and play it by ear from there. Don't forget that having 3 cakes in the oven will have an effect on temperature anyway.

Cohenite Wed 26-Jun-13 16:50:36

20cm?

A 20 inch cake tin? That is huge! What sort of oven do you have? It wouldn't fit in ours.

You may be right with the time, but you would need to be careful it doesn't dry out. It would be worth using a cake cone in the middle to cut the cooking time (probably by almost half) to keep the cake moist.

sweetestcup Wed 26-Jun-13 15:15:22

Hi, planning on making a rugby ball cake on Friday, have a ball mould plus going to make a cake to stand it on to. Going to use this recipe, saw it recommended here and have used it before on my last cake which was 2 tiers, and it was delicious.

The recipe saw use a deep 20 inch tin and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes, my question is if I'm using shallower tins plus the rugby ball tin would it take as long or would I have to cut the cooking time? What do you all think? Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now