Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

what is cake and pastry flour?

(5 Posts)
HarrySnotter Mon 17-Jun-13 15:47:03

Ooo thank you. Who knew there could be so many CH excitement about flour?! smile

Justfornowitwilldo Mon 17-Jun-13 15:13:02

Now I have learnt far too much about flour.

Justfornowitwilldo Mon 17-Jun-13 15:11:08

It's flour that's not sold in the UK. We banned the bleaching process that is used to make it. Our alternative is heat treated flour with added corn flour. But heat treated flour isn't sold in shops it's used for commercial baking.

This blog explains more and includes a method she's figured out to use a microwave and oven to heat treat flour at home.

MothershipG Mon 17-Jun-13 14:55:59

I would presume she meant ordinary flour, plain or self-raising, as opposed to strong flour that is used for making bread?

HarrySnotter Mon 17-Jun-13 14:54:19

Anna Olsen is just used it in a recipe but I've never heard of it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now