Recipe for an unusual/amazing chocolate cake?

(11 Posts)

Google inmates chocolate cake. Not spectacular looking but yummy.

bacon Fri 21-Jun-13 20:28:01

Best chocolate cake has to contain real chocolate I'm afraid. You can add orange or decorate with malteasers etc.

BBC food food contains some great recipes.

Zeeky Thu 20-Jun-13 16:50:17

I can recommend the Brooklyn Blackout Cake from the Hummingbird bakery book. It is covered in an eggless chocolate custard, which is bizarre to make but once on the cake is delicious - no way near as sickly as other chocolate icings and keeps the cake lovely and moist.

coffeeinbed Thu 20-Jun-13 10:21:31

Annie Bell chocolate apricot cake
Google the recipe, it's out there but I'm on phone, so can't link
It's amazing

sweetestcup Thu 20-Jun-13 09:59:13

Youve maybe made it by now but I love Nigellas Old fashioned chocolate cake.

Thanks for the link furball afor the kitkat, Im going to make her smarties and chocolate fingers cake next week for a toddler party.

This gets requested again and again at family birthdays. They all rave about it. Its dense and fudgy.

I made it a while ago and decorated it as the pigs in mud cake thats on facebook and twitter. No reason why you couldnt decorate it like the link above with kit kats and maltesers.

Just find a recipe for chocolate ganache or choc fudge icing. And with that cake a little goes a long way.

Furball Wed 12-Jun-13 08:23:44
Furball Wed 12-Jun-13 08:20:22

this one is really nice and extremely easy to make

Squishsquash Wed 12-Jun-13 08:04:08

Just googled that one Awakeagain - looks gorgeous!

Awakeagain Wed 12-Jun-13 07:59:11

The Bruce bogtrotters chocolate cake (from Matilda) in Roald dahls revolting recipes is good, I've no idea where my book is though after I took it to work (school)

Squishsquash Wed 12-Jun-13 07:47:45

DD really wants a chocolate birthday cake for her 12th birthday and I would like to make something really memorable. Was thinking of this one but don't think dd would like the cheesecake part so would have to find something to replace it. Was wondering if any MN'ers had any equally/more incredible chocolate cake suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now