What handmixer do you use?

(12 Posts)

I bought a K-Mix a few years ago after reading all the Amazon reviews of various mixers. I love it! I was also very reassured when Bake Off started, that they used K-Mixes.

It's actually made a noticeable difference to the lightness of my cakes. I get lots of positive comments, and always let my K-Mix take the credit.

Alwayscheerful Fri 21-Jun-13 08:26:00

Chrome Dualit, looks bait like a hair dryer. It's great.

I have a stand mixer (new kenwood prospero) but looking at getting a kenwood hand mixer for the smaller jobs. I've killed loads of hand mixers, my quickest was just 3 days!

Vibbe Fri 21-Jun-13 00:09:04

I have a Kenwood Major and a Kenwood Chef. I've killed off too many hand mixers to ever want one again.

Maggie111 Tue 18-Jun-13 17:48:41

Don't buy the new Tesco cheapy one - it has such a tiny lead on it!!

I have an Andrew something now but don't see a noticeable difference from the old Tesco £5 one so I can't help any further - I just wanted to comment in case you thought "Ah well I'll just get the same thing again"

PolterGoose Sun 09-Jun-13 15:38:14

K'Mix here too, very impressed.

I had a Braun hand mixer for about 8 years which was fab. When it died I couldn't afford another Braun one so got a cheap Asda one which had a cord so short it was useless. I deliberately accidentally burnt out the motor and was given a cheap Morrison's one that was fab. I used this about a year before getting a stand mixer but still use it occasionally 2 years later.

BikeRunSki Fri 07-Jun-13 17:57:56

I have a Kenwood (but not K Mix).one that I got in Saino's about 4 years ago. It's fine, used probably on average once a week.in that time.

MsMarple Fri 07-Jun-13 17:49:41

Thanks blueberryboybait those are just the kind of references I was hoping for!

I have a Kenwood K-mix one and use it alongside my stand mixer. I had a Dualit one and it didn't last that long but the Kenwood has been going 4 years and gets daily use.

pipsqueakz Fri 07-Jun-13 16:30:45

I got a bog standard cheapy Argos one about 5years ago it STILL works and am happy with it

MsMarple Fri 07-Jun-13 12:26:09

The 2nd cheapo Tesco mixer has just died on me. I want to buy a new one and don't mind shelling out the big bucks for something that will work well and be hard wearing enough to last more than 5 minutes.

Can anyone tell me what hand mixer the serious bakers use? Or are you all happily dancing around the kitchen whilst your stand mixer does its work? Not sure I have room for one of those...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now