Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

cake filling- cream mixed with....

(5 Posts)
showerhead Tue 04-Jun-13 22:14:14

oh so many yummy suggestions!! I shall decide tomorrow. Baileys , though lush, is out due to nippers expecting a slice! However i am doing a cake for teenagers soon so might use that suggestion then.

Nerfmother Tue 04-Jun-13 21:35:40

Baileys.

Sarah1611 Tue 04-Jun-13 21:26:40

Melt some white chocolate, bring to slightly cooler than room temperature them mix into whipped cream... yum!

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Tue 04-Jun-13 17:16:35

Ricotta or mascarpone would both be fabulous I think.

showerhead Tue 04-Jun-13 17:02:26

Hi,
i'm making a classic victoria sponge cake which i'm going to fill with strawberries and cream. I'm using whipped double cream from the freezer and i know there isn't enough to fill the cake. I'd quite like to try something a bit different rather than just getting more cream, what else could i mix into the cream that would go with strawberries ? Will mascarpone work? Any other suggestions? or shall i just get more double cream and do chantilly cream? Would a lower fat creamy filling like ricotta work if it was gently stirred into the whipped cream?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now