lakeland hemisphere cake tins

(9 Posts)
Fuckwittery Sat 25-May-13 19:00:31

I will try and upload my ladybird pic it would sit nicely on the top of a large square cake I think

MikeLitoris Sat 25-May-13 18:34:11

Thanks fw

Those are about the sizes of my tins.

I'll have a go tomorrow.

I dont want a big ladybird as it is to go on top of a larger square cake.

I'll post a pic if it looks any good tomorrow.

Fuckwittery Sat 25-May-13 18:20:20

Oh and I put a disc of baking paper in to line, cake does come out a bit greasy its true, but I put it in the freezer for an hour before doing buttercream layer which I think helped

Fuckwittery Sat 25-May-13 18:18:58

I did a ladybird cake the other week, used a medium ceramic (?) mixing bowl, and a little pudding basin full of cake which I then cut in half to make the head. I sliced a wee bit off the big bowl cake to make a flat bit to attach the head to if that makes sense,.
I used a maderia cake recipe, 5oz marge, 5oz sugar, 3 eggs, 8oz flour, my large bowl was about 7inches diamater and my little bowl about 3inches, I only half filled the bowls as I didnt want a huge cake to cover and was only having a small party.

MikeLitoris Sat 25-May-13 18:05:25

What quantities of things do you use? Its doesn't give a size for the medium tin so no idea if it would take a 6in cake mix for example.

I already have the tins, I couldn't quite master the pyrex bowl. It always comes out slightly greasy.

oinkment Sat 25-May-13 17:38:19

I just bake.in my pyrex mixing bowl when I need a round cake.

MikeLitoris Sat 25-May-13 15:33:21

these no cutting involved.

EskSmith Sat 25-May-13 15:26:37

What is the benefit over baking a circular cake and cutting it in half?

MikeLitoris Sat 25-May-13 15:24:04

Anyone got them?

I'm looking for a recipe for the medium and small ones. I want to have a practice run of a lady bird cake.

I read that I will need to turn down the oven by about 20º. Any other tips?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now