What is your favourite thing to bake and eat?

(6 Posts)
HazeltheMcWitch Wed 22-May-13 16:28:38

Or buttery lovely flapjack.

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 22-May-13 16:28:19

Hmm. I love baking, but I am not sure I have a favourite thing. This is possibly due to the fact that I am also rather a greedy piglet.

It'd possibly be a really rich dense, chocolate cake, with lovely chocolate icing. Or maybe a banana cake, full of rum? Or a nice sponge, filled with rasps and cream?

Or even bread, eaten with lots of butter. Yum.

Poor you, post-op. Hope you recover well and get back baking soon!

Victoria sponge or butterfly buns with buttercream and jam. Always get demolished into crumbs the same day by DH, the DCs and any visitors.

JojoMags Wed 22-May-13 16:25:13

Yumm. With your DD on the wholemeal banana muffins smile

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Wed 22-May-13 16:21:47

The thing I can do in my sleep is just a simple sponge with jam and buttercreme icing. It may be quite boring, but always turns out well, and is so comfortingly lovely. With the DC, its wholemeal banana muffins - DD enjoys mashing the bananas, and its marginally less unhealthy.

JojoMags Wed 22-May-13 15:23:04

Have spent all week craving a homemade wholemeal fruit scone with properly hard crust. With lots of fruit. On the crumbly rather than the doughy end of the scone spectrum. Am in bed post-op and can't do any baking, so am resigned to fantasy! When I want baked goods, its this all the way. Occasionally I'll stray into rock bun territory. What's your most joyous, comforting thing to bake and eat?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now