Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Ganache made with Caramac?

(11 Posts)

Ooh - this sounds delicious!

I have made white chocolate ganache, which is pretty wonderful - and is actually the only way I like eating white chocolate. I occasionally do a pudding which is just fresh raspberries with white chocolate ganache poured over it, then chilled in the fridge. Orgasmic!

Dh and ds2 offered to make this as pudding for Mothers Day last year - and you have never heard such a fuss as they made. They couldn't, or wouldn't, understand the recipe, no matter how many times they asked me - I mean, it couldn't be much easier, could it? Heat cream, chop chocolate finely, pour hot cream over chocolate, stir. And yet they still managed to make a total horlicks out of it - by putting the chocolate into the hot cream still on the heat! Needless to say it went very strange and grainy, and some of it burnt caramelised on the bottom of the pan. hmm

Carolra Wed 15-May-13 10:30:18

Cakebitch, I think I have just fallen in love with you. Will you marry me and we can bake white chocolate together for the rest of our lives?!

Can't wait for the weekend to try this!!

Cakebitch Sun 12-May-13 21:41:33

I made caramelised white chocolate ice cream at work on friday. Was sublime, and just like caramac!!. Am gonna have a go at making ganache out of the same chocolate tomorrow, and use it for filling macarons.
You just bake good white chocolate in the oven on 120 degrees, turning it every 10 minutes, till it looks the colour of peanut butter, then add a pinch of seasalt. Lovely.

miffybun73 Sun 12-May-13 17:34:19

Sounds amazing, I love Caramac smile

FriedSprout Sun 12-May-13 17:31:34

Breakfast, lunch and tea all very acceptable IMO, grin

Thanks for help everyone, bye, bye waistline

Carolra Sat 11-May-13 11:26:32

I've made Caramac ice cream which was lovely!! Just be really careful melting it as there is no cocoa butter in it at all!! You can get "blonde chocolate" on line which is basically just fancy Caramac and would probably be a bit more reliable...! I'd go for it, it will be wonderful even if you have to eat it out of the bowl with a spoon... Hmmmm is it acceptable to have that for lunch??!

*please

Oh my God that sounds amazing!
Ease send me a generous sample when you're done grin

FriedSprout Sat 11-May-13 11:12:27

You go first then and let me know what it's like grin

Esmeeeeee Sat 11-May-13 11:07:00

OMG, no, but I'm going to! What an amazing idea!!!! I can actually taste it!

FriedSprout Sat 11-May-13 09:44:19

Hi, has anyone made ganache with Caramac, and was it nice?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now