Help - those rice paper cake toppers

(3 Posts)
nextphase Sat 11-May-13 07:27:41

how do I stick them to a fairy cake?
Was hoping they would come with instructions....
I've got 36 fairy cakes in the oven (well, 18 in the oven, 18 waiting to go in!). Planning on piping a small rose of butter icing on the top of each, and then putting rice paper disk on top. Will that be OK?
And how much icing of your suggested type am I likely to need? Going to be on the mean side with icing levels - not the 3 inches you seem to get on the modern "cup cakes"

Cheers - should have looked this up before the day of the party!!!!

Scootergrrrl Sat 11-May-13 07:59:06

I've just done this - a small amount of buttercream is fine but the toppers look much more effective if you stick them in so they're standing up, rather than lying flat. I had to do this cos I used normal icing and the first batch all curled up. I then had to prop the toppers up with a Haribo on each side to stop them falling over! You might not be as much of a biff as me though....

nextphase Sat 11-May-13 08:22:28

Ohh, sticking in at an angle. Not thought of that. Will have to try one of each (and then taste test!) before committing. Thats the sort of advice I like!! Thank-you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now