Quick question about the 10 incher I'm making!

(7 Posts)
BedHog Sat 04-May-13 09:19:57

Thanks yearning - yes it's out now! I left it in for 40 minutes but it didn't rise a huge amount so I think it's going to be a single layer cake! Just need to ice it now.

yearningformyyoni Fri 03-May-13 21:03:19

Presumably you've took the cake out by now, but for future reference, use a chopstick or something else long and thin to poke in the middle. If it comes out wet then it isn't cooked!

BedHog Fri 03-May-13 19:40:56

Thankyou!! thanks

It's starting to rise now. Do I just stick a knife in the middle to see if it's cooked or is there a better way? <novice>

Wolfcub Fri 03-May-13 19:37:26

it'll probably take 35 to 50 mins depending on your oven

BedHog Fri 03-May-13 19:33:31

It's been in 20 minutes now...

BedHog Fri 03-May-13 19:23:14

Anyone? I've put it in the oven now so if nobody answers it will either be burnt or raw!!!

BedHog Fri 03-May-13 19:09:47

I've made a 10 inch circular chocolate victoria sandwich using half a pound each of butter, sugar and flour/cocoa mix, with 4 eggs. I just need to cook the thing and I'm not sure how long for. confused I doubled the quantities from a 7" recipe which said 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes. Presumably I have to increase the time as it's bigger, but how long should I cook it for? (roughly, obv I'll look at it first to make sure it's risen etc)

Thankyou!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now