Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Favorite cupcake flavours?

(7 Posts)
Marne Wed 01-May-13 16:20:06

Hi, I am doing my first cake sale/farmers market on sunday and i'm a little nervous, I think I am going to do 4 or 5 different cupcakes as well as my brownies but i'm not sure what flavours to go for.

Which ones are most popular?

Also any advice from other sellers would be great? how much to take etc...

Pascha Wed 01-May-13 16:23:47

Can't go wrong with either chocolate or lemon I don't think. I'm no expert though.

Marne Wed 01-May-13 16:30:18

Was thinking the same (something chocolaty and deffently lemon).

Was going to do chocolate and lime, vanilla, Lemon, Raspberry or strawberry and coconut but then I thought 'what about red velvet?' so I cant decide smile.

chirpchirp Mon 06-May-13 15:49:44

I usually do lots of vanilla, lots of chocolate, carrot, lemon, and raspberry.

Good luck with your stall.

patchesmcp Tue 07-May-13 10:21:28

I like raspberry and white chocolate cupcakes the best. Also vanilla, lemon and carrot all good. Personally I'm not that keen on chocolate as I find they can be dry but I guess that depends on your recipe.

Good luck!

working9while5 Tue 07-May-13 10:30:01

Every time I see a red velvet I really, really want one.. but am always disappointed if the frosting isn't cream cheese. I hate buttercream icing on red velvet.

Vanilla would be my husband's favourite - with sprinkles. Raspberry and white chocolate also a winner.

Of course, you did all of this on Sunday - so what did you go with?

Marne Thu 09-May-13 21:43:47

Thank you, I took red velvet, vanilla,chocolate and lime, raspberry and Cookie Monster cupcakes, the cookie monsters sold out straight away. I took 150 cupcakes with me and came back with 18 so did very well, also got a order for a cupcake tower for a wedding smile

I'm glad I didn't take too many chocolate ones as the weather was really warm. Oh and I did cream cheese frosting on my red velvet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now