Help....and quick!!!

(6 Posts)

How did it turn out? is hoping her idea worked

ali23 Mon 29-Apr-13 21:42:14

Thanks, folks! Turning the oven up may have saved the day grin. Time will tell! Can you tell I've no bloody clue what I'm doing? Dear God, thought the icing at least would be easy!

I don't know if you can salvage it, sorry.
If you need to do it again, you wrap two layers of foil around the bottom of the tin, then place it on a very sturdy tray and tighten the foil around the tin - sort of rolling it and forcing it up a bit around the shape of the tin - until you have a seal. It's a proper faff, but the reason they don't have a bottom is you wouldn't be able to get it out. Why they can't make lose bottomed ones I don't know.
Icing a '3' was enough to make me vow never to use them again <bitter>

Smartiepants79 Mon 29-Apr-13 21:31:44

Weigh it down to stop more leaks! Flat baking tray and something heavy?
Get your money back!

Turn the oven up 10 degrees, it will bake what has leaked out to form a seal. Once thats dried out, turn it back down so you don't burn it

Other than that I've no idea sad

ali23 Mon 29-Apr-13 21:26:52

Hired a metal '6' cake tin. It has no bottom. I put ingredients in, put it on top of grease proof paper on cake tray and my mixture is currently leaking out all over the oven. Any ideas how to salvage?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now