Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Just slaved over making a cake but one egg white was a neon yellow/green.

(6 Posts)
Tortoise Mon 08-Apr-13 22:41:08

It didn't smell, but didn't want to risk it anyway. Finally got a cake made earlier after trip to the shop for eggs etc.
I do normally break eggs into a cup first but late night rushing meant I failed to do that!

TeamEdward Mon 08-Apr-13 18:17:38

Oh you definitely know whenit's a bad egg!

EffieTheDuck Mon 08-Apr-13 09:50:29

Some hen feeds have colours added to the mix - it might be that as a bad egg would have stunk out the kitchen.

insanityscratching Mon 08-Apr-13 09:48:01

I had a similar egg the other day, no idea if it was bad or not (it didn't smell) but I threw it away anyway. I wouldn't risk eating it though. Incidentally is your fridge turned up high? Someone helpful had turned mine up and so I thought it might have been that that caused it here.

frazzledbutcalm Mon 08-Apr-13 09:36:21

I'd chuck it. Break egg into a cup from now on then add to mixture must follow my own advice!
Hope you get your cake in time.

Tortoise Sun 07-Apr-13 23:38:22

Just spent ages and big quantities of ingredients on making my DSs 16th birthday cake and the last egg I broke in to the mixture had a bright neon yellow/green colour to the egg white sad .
I'm going to have to chuck the lot and start again. Problem is I need to buy more eggs etc and his birthday is tomorrow sad .
Google isn't giving me a definitive answer so I think it's safer to chuck it angry .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now