Just slaved over making a cake but one egg white was a neon yellow/green.

(6 Posts)
Tortoise Mon 08-Apr-13 22:41:08

It didn't smell, but didn't want to risk it anyway. Finally got a cake made earlier after trip to the shop for eggs etc.
I do normally break eggs into a cup first but late night rushing meant I failed to do that!

TeamEdward Mon 08-Apr-13 18:17:38

Oh you definitely know whenit's a bad egg!

EffieTheDuck Mon 08-Apr-13 09:50:29

Some hen feeds have colours added to the mix - it might be that as a bad egg would have stunk out the kitchen.

insanityscratching Mon 08-Apr-13 09:48:01

I had a similar egg the other day, no idea if it was bad or not (it didn't smell) but I threw it away anyway. I wouldn't risk eating it though. Incidentally is your fridge turned up high? Someone helpful had turned mine up and so I thought it might have been that that caused it here.

frazzledbutcalm Mon 08-Apr-13 09:36:21

I'd chuck it. Break egg into a cup from now on then add to mixture must follow my own advice!
Hope you get your cake in time.

Tortoise Sun 07-Apr-13 23:38:22

Just spent ages and big quantities of ingredients on making my DSs 16th birthday cake and the last egg I broke in to the mixture had a bright neon yellow/green colour to the egg white sad .
I'm going to have to chuck the lot and start again. Problem is I need to buy more eggs etc and his birthday is tomorrow sad .
Google isn't giving me a definitive answer so I think it's safer to chuck it angry .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now