Whiskey fudge

(7 Posts)

Could you just find a rum & raisin fudge recipe and substitute the rum for whiskey and leave out the raisins?..

Jux Sat 30-Mar-13 11:19:08

Ah! Thank you.

DD scraped it off the greaseproof this morning as it still wasn't set, and reboiled it. Got up to temp vv quickly and up to 270 before dd noticed ... Now waiting for it to set again. Will add alcohol a bit later in the process next time. grin

not sure whiskey works with fudge tbh, but dh wanted it.....

Sorry, iPhone! Took a lot longer to set. Second time I did it I added after cooking and was much better (also much more alcoholic... grin ).

I did fudge with baileys in it. To

Jux Sat 30-Mar-13 11:02:46

Anyone?

Jux Fri 29-Mar-13 21:44:31

I suppose I'm wondering whether fudge with alcohol needs to boil to a higher temp, or for longer, or just needs longer to set or something. ATM - after hours - there is a skin on top but it's quite soft inside, possibly runny, but we haven't taken it out of the tray.

The other stuff wasn't sticky at all, it crumbled beautifully and melted in your mouth (not like modern fudge which is a bit sticky/toffee-ish, iyswim).

Jux Fri 29-Mar-13 18:37:07

DD made fudge that dh liked so much he requested whiskey fudge.

This afternoon she made fudge again and added a miniature bottle of whiskey. Went about it the same way, got it up to soft ball using a sugar thermometer, and has waited for it to set. It hasn't.

What should we do/have we done wrong?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now