leftover chcolate spread as icing?

(7 Posts)

Enjoy, it's a good one!

seriouslychocolatey Thu 28-Mar-13 08:53:54

thanks for the suggestions. I think i will go for the artery hardener as it's along the lines of what I was hoping i could do with it.
rockinhippy don't you love it when something so easy gets so appreciated?

TeaOneSugar Thu 28-Mar-13 08:01:23

I keep a jar of cadburys spread in for quick cupcake toppings.

Chocolate cupcakes in the freezer and a jar of cadburys and your sorted, it spreads really well.

rockinhippy Wed 27-Mar-13 20:37:31

I've done this before for a birthday cake for DD - I was ill & struggling to do my usual big effort/standard of icing/decorating & it hit a point where I realised if I didn't improvise, on top of everything else I had to do for that afternoons party - she wasn't going to have a cake blush

So I dug it a jar of chocolate spread & a box of chocolate crisp things & covered the middle & the whole of the outside of cake with chocolate spread, stuck the crisps around the edge to form a sort of wall, crumbled up a load more chocolate crisps & sprinkled over the centre of the cake - finished off with edible gold sparkle dust & mini white & dark chocolate stars - it took me all of 10 minutes & it disappeared so quickly neither DH or I had any -

the verdict from DD & her friends - the best cake I had ever madeshock - so YES - it's will work smile

MikeChoccyCoatedLitoris Wed 27-Mar-13 20:18:43

When I make nutella buttercream I just lob it into the blender as its going.

But then I'm not known for measuring much when im baking grin

You could try the Chocolate Artery Hardener option on this thread (near the bottom)?

seriouslychocolatey Wed 27-Mar-13 13:02:06

Hi,
i have 1/2 jar of very old Waitrose seriously chocolately chocolate spread in my fridge- no one liked it much (Nutella so much nicer IMHO). Its dark chocolate and there's around 150g left. I want to turn it into a filling or icing for a chocolate fudge cake this weekend. The spread is made of dark choc, glucose, sugar syrup , cream and cocoa. The only thing i can think of it to treat it like chocolate and make a ganache. The spread is solid in the fridge but can be warmed to become liquid- it made a nice sauce to go over vanilla icecream. Or I could warm it and then just beat in some whipped cream. Anyone got any good ideas?? Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now