What pudding can I make on Friday, transport in car, and serve on Saturday night?

(18 Posts)
taylorSmith Tue 02-Apr-13 06:39:38

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 20-Mar-13 22:17:18
Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 20-Mar-13 22:15:15

There is gypsy tart too which will give you a trio. iirc, same base, yhen get a tin of evap milk and just whisk and whisk and whisk till it goes fluffy and marshmallowy. it tastes like toffee. it was a gary rhodes easy recipe. i will see if i can find it....

ThisIsMummyPig Wed 20-Mar-13 22:00:23

Ooh, now I'm fancying doing the artery hardner and the key lime pie. I can just double up the base, and then do seperate toppings. That would make me look clever (and two receipes from just eight ingredients, that must be some sort of record).

Thanks

Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 20-Mar-13 21:42:34

nigellas slut red rasberry jellies

Can I recommend the delightful Chocolate Artery Hardener ?

Should keep when travelling, but pretty easy to whip up there if you just bring the raw ingredients.

Actually this idea seems a bit cack compared to others. I was going to say ice cream but you can't transport it. Ignore me.

Tiramisu. It needs to soak for the flavours to develop. You can make non alcoholic kids versions separately.

I was thinking gooey chocolate brownies because they get better the older they are (if they last that long!) You could do a huge amount and have clotted cream for adults and squirty cream for littlies?

ThisIsMummyPig Wed 20-Mar-13 21:29:48

I think there is a crumble after Sunday lunch.... I had Angel delight last weekend Hatgirl - butterscotch, with red and green jelly. See I know how to live it up.

ThisIsMummyPig Wed 20-Mar-13 21:27:44

Just googled the keylime pie recipe, and I have to admit it looks ace. I have to say I have done the lemon cheesecake recipe off the carnation site in the past and that was very good too.

I had considered bread and butter pudding, but I'm pretty certain one of my SILs won't like it, and nor will my kids (my main fan base)

I don't think I could transport a trifle big enough (it would have to be in a casserole dish unless I bought something especially for the job, which I would then have to store)

hatgirl Wed 20-Mar-13 21:23:01

or banoffee, you can do the biscuit base and caramel in advance and slice the bananas and put the cream on minutes before serving?

An apple crumble should also last a car journey fairly easily

Angel Delight? grin

Bread and butter pudding? Add chocolate chips for extra loveliness grin

Wolfcub Wed 20-Mar-13 21:20:07

I'd second key lime pie

fouranddone Wed 20-Mar-13 21:19:12

Huge chocolate fudge cake? Made one today and it is amazing!!!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6652/naughty-chocolate-fudge-cake

Sorry I'm so rubbish at links!hmm

Easier than cheesecake is Key lime pie cheat. It's just lime juice, condensed milk and double cream whipped up on a biscuit base. It tastes more impressive than the effort suggests and always gets compliments.

Trifle? Put the cream on last thing/before serving?

ThisIsMummyPig Wed 20-Mar-13 21:15:08

I am meeting up with family this weekend, and have approximately two hours in the car on Friday afternoon. After that it can go in the fridge or whatever, but will not be served until Saturday evening.

There will be 8 adults and 2 kids, so something that's a decent size. I was wondering about some sort of cheesecake, can you come up with anything better?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now