Best all round food processor?

(3 Posts)
hackneybird Thu 14-Mar-13 21:41:44

Thank you racing. I already have a cheapo stick blender so not worried about smoothies etc. I shall def look into the magimix.

racingheart Thu 14-Mar-13 16:07:55

Hi, I absolutely love my magimix and use it every day. It chops veg in seconds. It purees soups and sauces, creams butter icing, whisks egg whites, makes great coleslaw.

I used to have a big model but when it broke, got the next size down which is perfect for a family of four. Think it's the 300, rather than the 500. The larger size is less effective with smaller quantities of food.

The only thing it really doesn't do well is make smoothies and milkshakes. I use a cheapo hand blender for that (£5 from Sainsburys). Also, it doesn't look cool and trendy. It's an ugly bit of white plastic kit but it is so brilliant and hard working and lasts forever even though it is used every day and chucked in the dishwasher.

hackneybird Thu 14-Mar-13 15:13:39

Hi all

We finally have a kitchen big enough for cupboard space for a food processor. Ideally I'd like to get a decent all rounder - although I would mostly do lots of chopping (for making curry pastes and sauces) and mixing/beating for cakes etc.

Can any of you share your tips on models you find work well in your kitchens?

Can't wait to get one, I'm sooo sick of creaming butter and sugar together by hand!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now