Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Do you watch Ade in Britain? I've just made the Pepper Cake (Cumbrian)

(7 Posts)
CuriousMama Mon 11-Mar-13 18:59:18

It's out of the oven and waiting to cool hurry up.

Even the mix was lush. I don't normally like cake mix and ds2 has the leftovers but he wouldn't have liked this one, oh no. blush

Smells divine. I can't wait until it cools. But I will.

I couldn't find his recipe but found one the same or very similar.
Here. Mine was ready after 35 minutes though.

CuriousMama Mon 11-Mar-13 19:10:58

Dss biscuits have turned out good too. Was a bit worried as couldn't rolll them out (used too much egg) so did more drop biscuit. They've turned out lovely though. They don't like spice cake so didn't want to leave them out.

I just had a sniff of the spoon that had the clove powder on it. Went right up my nose grin

CuriousMama Mon 11-Mar-13 20:19:09

Bliss! Just had a piece with a glass of milk. Definitely a keeper smile

Drladybird Wed 13-Mar-13 09:51:02

I didn't watch the programme but this recipe looks really interesting- will have to give it a whirl. Like the idea of pepper in a cake...thanks for sharing

CuriousMama Wed 13-Mar-13 13:33:51

Thanks for replying was getting lonely in here wink

It's gorgeous. Goes really well with a cup of tea.

hackneybird Fri 15-Mar-13 15:08:31

Oooh looks interesting! I shall try it.

CuriousMama Fri 15-Mar-13 15:35:24

It is still a bit left. I just made this for my exMIL who was 90 on NYE. She was very ill and we said we'll celebrate properly when she's feeling better. Her dgs is over from the US so now is a good time to do it smile Plus she's not supposed to have fat so this cake is ideal. It's risen fantastically, just need to decorate it now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now