Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Nordic Ware cake pop maker

(6 Posts)
busyhouseof8 Fri 08-Mar-13 14:44:45

Yes - must get more lolly sticks when passing Lakeland tomorrow to account for multiple failures.

Now if only I wasn't on a damned diet I'd be able to eat the mistakes. The three DC are going to be delighted!

Tubegirl Fri 08-Mar-13 13:50:24

Ah but even experiments which aren't perfect still taste pretty good. I might be minded to sabotage a few batches ahem....

busyhouseof8 Fri 08-Mar-13 13:47:07

Thanks

The recipe is

125g semi-sweet chocolate chips
120g butter
150g sugar (caster I assume)
3Tbs Cocoa
2 eggs
90g flour
1/4 tsp salt
360g chocolate bark coating

so there are 2 eggs in the mix but still not sure if that will give enough lift with plain flour so that they don't turn out like bricks. Mind you I suppose if the cakes are too light they might just fall to pieces when I try to put the sticks in.

Ho hum - could be a weekend of experimentation!

Bark is shavings I think

Tubegirl Fri 08-Mar-13 12:51:41

If there is no raising agent in the recipe such as bicarb, baking powder or egg then I would use self raising, otherwise go with plain. Agree that must be plain chocolate. I think by bark coating they mean the cooking chocolate that you melt to coat things with - but personally I think it tastes vile. I could be wrong of course - happens more than I'd like!

busyhouseof8 Fri 08-Mar-13 09:19:36

I had a moment of madness in Lakeland and bought one of these cake pop baking tins to cheer up DD who's having a bit of a tough time at school.

Being a complete novice I thought I'd just try the recipe on the back of the tins, but I'm already confused because it uses US terms!

1) Semi-sweet chocolate chips - is that plain chocolate?
2) It just says flour - do I use plain or self raising?
3) what on earth is chocolate bark coating????

Any help and advice to get them to turn out right most gratefully received.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now