Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Harry Potter cake

(9 Posts)
allo2101 Fri 08-Mar-13 09:06:53

My daughter is 15 in a couple of weeks and a complete Potter fanatic. I have been trying to find a site which does these sort of cakes, but can't find anything other than bog-standard things with cake toppers. Would be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction smile

Groovee Fri 08-Mar-13 09:11:06

Can a local cake maker do it? My dd had this cake made for her by a local cake maker

slicesofheaven.co.uk/index.php?id=12&file=Kids%20Cakes

allo2101 Fri 08-Mar-13 09:13:00

Wow, that looks amazing - if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay? I've found one local cake maker but the cost is going to be about £75 shock

Groovee Fri 08-Mar-13 09:13:22

argh the link doesn't take right to the cake, you need to scroll down.

But have added a pic of her cake.

Groovee Fri 08-Mar-13 09:16:57

Cost me £48 for that one.

allo2101 Fri 08-Mar-13 15:43:34

That's not too bad, I am ok-ish with going up to £50. Can't find anyone local though - I COULD try making it myself but think it would be a bit of a disaster, lol

My sister made her dd a Harry Potter book of spells cake. Was dead easy. SHe made a rectangular chocolate sponge, covered it in chocolate butter cream and then used pre coloured fondant icing to make a wand, griffindor logo and other Harry Potter bits and bobs.

She did her book closed. It's easier than the open cake on that link. You just need to make pages on the edge

75 pounds is not a lot for a large cake like that, I live in the states so I'm sure costs are different but that first cake here would cost me about 25 pounds minimum in ingredients and the good part of a week of work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now